Friday, November 27, 2009

Whip up dinner

Welcome to my blog about food and recipes where I share my passion for cooking.
I am a Systems Engineer by trade, however I enjoy reading and experimenting with food so much that I decided to write about it.
Have you ever wonder what to make for dinner based on the things you have in your kitchen? Well, this is what I like to do, it's fun, it's challenging, and it fits my budget.
Why do I call it whip up dinner? My wife Corina inspired me to come up with this name. You see, I get home before she does and I love preparing different things for dinner. She always comments on how I can just "whip up dinner" from the ingredients we have in our kitchen. Sometimes is good, almost gourmet like, sometimes its just the basic. Either way it's fun.
Sometimes I look on the Internet or cookbooks for inspiration. If I don't have all the ingredients, I skip it, substitute and add my own twist to it. It's challenging.
Everybody talks about the economy, and not everybody can afford to buy special ingredients for a recipe, and later let it go to waste becasue you dont use it again. Not everybody can afford to go out to dinner every day either. I like to maximize my ingredients and try to have something accessible at home. It fits my budget.
I will post links to other recipes, post my own and comment on some other cooking related things.
Welcome and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment